Gigapan isn’t brand new, but it’s a fascinating visual tool that allows people to deeply explore panoramic photographs — and to collaboratively tell stories through pictures.
It’s part of Carnegie Mellon University’s Global Connection Project
What’s so cool about Gigapan?
- Conveys a strong sense of place — almost a 3D feel
- People can create their own experience with snapshots
- Provide text or link context
- Allows examination and discussion of details
- Plays nice with Google Earth
I like Gigapan because it offers an experience sort of like this:
More about Gigapan…