The Nielsen Company has assembled a comprehensive picture of what and how people watch across television, online, mobile, radio, books and music. In 2010 they see a continuation, if not an acceleration, of current trends with consumers watching and connecting more:
– U.S. mobile phone users 13+: 223M
– Number of mobile Web users: 60.7M (up 33% from 2008)
– Percentage of mobile devices that are smartphones: 18% (up from 13% in 2008)
– Percentage of mobile device owners that streamed audio: 8%
– Percentage of mobile device owners that viewed video via their mobile phone: 7%
– Percentage of mobile devices sold in Q3 2009 that were smartphones: 25% (estimated 40%-50 in 2010)
Tim O'Reilly waves an olive branch for diversity at O'Reilly conferences. Will it be enough?