…OK, not really. It’s an April Fool’s Day spoof from Bunkmag.com, and it’s definitely better than any prank I’ve dreamed up so far today. If you need a laugh (and really, who in the news business doesn’t?) then go check out The Los Wikiless Timespedia. This had me in hysterics, especially considering the LA Times’ infamous wikitorial debacle of 2005.
Here are a few highlights that appeared on this editable site as of the posting of this Tidbit (although I can’t guarantee any of this will still appear exactly as described, or at all, when you go there):
- Definition of newspaper: “(obsolete) Defunct media form, no longer supported.” Also on that page, don’t miss the instructions “to add content to a historical newspaper.”
- 5 Return from La Brea Tar Pits: Breaking news story with hyperlocal focus.
- The sports schedule has a World of Warcraft category.
- Crime blotter for 5285 Pine Street (Madeline, Amanda, and Carolyn’s House): “Sunday March 23rd, 3:04 pm: Complainant reports dirty guacamole bowl loitering in sink since Suspect A’s Saturday night get-together.”
- Obituaries, DIY-style.
- International News: US Gives Rationale for War With Iran
Want to join the “staff” of the Los Wikiless Timespedia? just sign up as a Bunkwiki contributor and post/edit to your heart’s content!