It’s every podcaster’s nightmare: You create a podcast, produce episodes, build a loyal audience… then suddenly, without warning, your hosting service folds. Not only can your listeners not find you you can’t even access your own content!
Sadly, it happens. It happened recently to the customers of Purecast. But it doesn’t have to happen to you.
Here’s what she covers…
Koan’s rules are:
- Buy a domain name, and use it.
- Own the rights to your web feed. (Feedburner customers, pay close attention to this one.)
- Have a local, platform-neutral copy of your site’s contents.
- Use a tool which outputs the simplest HTML code possible
- Keep your site content separate from your media content
- If you use any web service (paid or free) – have an exit plan
…Of course, those are just the headlines. Go read her tutorial for the details.
Many thanks to Koan for writing a much-needed and extremely cogent tutorial. Well done!