Recently I’ve been asked to attend or speak at several events, large and small. Well, I certainly need to get out of my home office more!
Here’s a quick rundown. If you’re in the area and can attend the event, please stop by!…
- Friday, June 24, 2005 (Yes, that’s TOMORROW): Denver-area podcaster meetup, 7pm in Arvada, CO. See link for details.
- Tuesday, June 26: I’ll be interviewed on the BBC Radio 5 show Up All Night, with Kevin Anderson. The topic will be citizen journalism.
- July 14, 2005: Business Wire Media Breakfast, Denver Press Club. From what I understand, this is mainly for PR folks, but there may be some media people there too. Hmmmm…. maybe I should break it to them that press releases are (thankfully) dead.
- July 21, 2005: Podcasting Boot Camp, DeVry Univ., Westminster, CO. Part of the Da Vinci Institute’s boot camp event series. I’ll be speaking on the “so what” of podcasting.
- July 26, 2005: Trends in Today’s media, Boulder Writers Alliance meeting, Natl. Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder CO, 6:30-8:30 pm. Free and open to the public.
- Sept. 17, 2005: New York Press Assoc., fall convention. Lake Placid, NY. My I, Reporter partner Adam Glenn and I will be speaking on citizen journalism.
- Oct. 1, 2005: Workshop at the annual conference of the Society of Environmental Journalists. My topic: “Blogs, Podcasts, and Feeds How to Use Them, How to Do Them.”
…And there are plenty more in the works. Stay tuned…