Just for fun, here is some miscellaneous cool weird stuff that’s caught my interest lately…
TOP OF THIS LIST: Letters from Bad Santa. Do you know someone who deserves coal this year? There’s still time! Getting a bad Santa letter sent to your personal nemesis costs $2.95, but you can read the letter templates for free and they’re hilarious! Check it out today. (Thanks to Chris White for this link.)
Read the rest of this list…
- Perry Bible Fellowship: This is a very strange comic strip that I absolutely adore. It’s drawn by Nicholas Gurewitch. Normally I dislike when a site uses an animated image map for site navigation, but this one is fun, not at all cutesy, and works very well.
- Dumbest Idea of the Week: Printing Blogs. I kid you not. Business 2.0 flamed this service, then conscientiously published a response from the Print My Blog folks. I’m sorry, I don’t care how Print My Blog rationalizes it, this service is still a bad idea. Interactivity (live links, comments, etc.) is a big part of what makes blogs so engaging. Why kill trees for less effective packaging?
- Harvard Sucks: An excellent prank. If you’re in school and can’t stand the pep-rally clique (or if you are a school rivalism extremist), consider this as a model to emulate. (Thanks to Don Crowther for this link.)
- Depressed web server: Sometimes, near-infinite processing power doesn’t make the world a better place. Those of you who, like me, are fans of Marvin the Paranoid Android will especially love this. (Thanks to Anne Mitchell for this link.)
- Return of the Evil Dead: Now, this could be fun! In my opinion, one of the all-time most hilarious camp horror movies was Sam Raimi’s 1987 Evil Dead 2. (The first and third films in the series were far less amusing.) Raimi apparently is working on a new Evil Dead film, again starring the chisel-jawed and eminently sarcastic Bruce Campbell.